Overview of Research at MMCOP
1.DST FIST(Infrastructure and Development Fund) Rs.45 Lakhs
2.Sponsored Research Projects 32 (Rs.77.12 Lakhs)
3.Sponsored AICTE QIP Schemes & 02 (Rs.22.00 Lakhs)
i.MODROBS Rs.14.00 Lakhs
ii. IIPC Rs.8.00 Lakhs
4.Sponsored other QIP Schemes Rs. 30.79 Lakhs
5.No. of Publications 245
6.No. of Presentations 178
7.Research Collaborations SG Phytopharma Pvt. Ltd. Kolhapur.
Reve Pharma, Sinnar, Nashik.
Ari Healthcare Pvt. Ltd., Pune.
Nulife Pharma., Pimpri, Pune.
Scitech Laboratories Pvt. Ltd, Sinnar, Nashik.
Chakan Life Sciences Pvt. Ltd., Pune.
MB Healthcare, Pune.
Preclinical Research and Development Organization (PRADO), Pune.
Details of Patent Filed by Faculty and Students
|Sr. No.||Patent Title||Name of Applicant (s)||Patent No.||Agency/
|1||An Apparatus for Ex vivo Absorption of Drugs in Animal Tissue||Avinash R. Tekade, Tejas B. Devkar, Ganesh T. Divase, Madhuri S. Rodde, Ashlesha P. Pandit||2363/Mum? 2012||Controller General of Patents, India||Awaiting Examination|
|2||A Device for Formation of Cups or Wells in Petridishes Containing Growth Media While Conducting Microbiological Assays||Avinash R. Tekade, Tejas B. Devkar, Ganesh T. Divase, Madhuri S. Rodde||2444/Mum/2012||Controller General of Patents, India||Awaiting Examination|
|3||Development and evaluation of Microemulsion for promoting hair growth||Avinash R. Tekade, Pranesh Tambe, Ravikiran Bandagar, Shreyas Joshi||3826/MUM/2015||Controller General of Patents, India||Awaiting Examination|
|4||Apparatus for in vitro continuous dissolution absorption study||Avinash R. Tekade, Prerana Dongare, R. S. Bhambar||TEMP/D-1/7388/2017-KOL
|Controller General of Patents, India||Awaiting Publication|
|5||A novel anti-infective matrix film patch and a process for preparing the same||Mr. Mukesh Pandurang Ratnaparkhi
Ms. Anuradha Arvind Ranpise
Mr. Sharad Barku Pawar
Ms. Shilpa Tukaram Satpute
|201721025558||Controller General of Patents, India||Awaiting Publication|
|6||A novel solid carrier system and a process for preparing the
|Mr. Prasad Vijay Kadam,
Mrs. Kavita Nilesh Yadav
Ms. Firdaus Ab.aziz Karjikar
Ms. Falguni Ashokbhai Patel
|201721026629||Controller General of Patents, India||Awaiting Publication|
|7||A Novel Modified Release Drug Delivery System and a Process for Preparing the Same||Ms. Anuradha Arvind Ranpise
Mr. Mukesh Pandurang Ratnaparkhi
Ms. Kadu Shital Kisan
|201721026620||Controller General of Patents, India||Awaiting Publication|
|8||Pharmaceutical Compositions Containing Surfactant based Vesicular Delivery Systems and Preparations thereof||Smitha Gandra, Jukanti Raju||6268/CHE/2014||Controller General of Patents, India||Awaiting Examination|
|9||Bazedoxifene Proliposomal delivery systems and preparations thereof||Smitha Gandra, Jukanti Raju, Karthik Yadav Janga, Sheelam Sharath C Reddy, Sakalabattula Naga Sri.||6362/CHE/2014||Controller General of Patents, India||Awaiting Examination|
Department of Pharmaceutics & Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance
The area of research interest of the faculty includes CNS targeting, nasal mucoadhesive drug delivery, pulsatile drug delivery, Floating drug delivery system, Colon targeted drug delivery, microencapsulation, Solubility enhancement, Crystal engineering, taste masking & Mouth dissolving systems, preservation of biomolecules, micro & nano-particulate drug delivery system, Controlled drug delivery system and self-emulsified drug delivery system.
- Prashant K. Deshmukh , Ketan P. Ramani, Saurabh S. Singh, Avinash R. Tekade,Vivekanand K. Chatap, Ganesh B. Patil, Sanjay B. Bari. Stimuli-sensitive layer-by-layer (LbL) self-assembly systems: Targeting and biosensory applications. Journal of Controlled Release, 166; (2013): 294–306 (Impact Factor 7.6).
- Chandu Dabhi, Shivsagar Randale, Veena Belgamwar, Surendra Gattani, Avinash Tekade. Predictable pulsatile release of tramadol hydrochloride for chronotherapeutics of arthritis. Drug Delivery, 17(5): 2010: 273-281 (Impact Factor 6.4).
- Hitesh Patel, Ashwini Joshi, Veena Belgamwar, Sanjay Surana, Avinash Tekade. Design and development of nasal mucoadhesive microspheres containing tramadol HCl for CNS targeting. Drug Delivery, 2011, 18(5), 353-360 (Impact Factor 6.4).
- Avinash Tekade, Surendra Gattani. Dual cross linked pulsatile beads for chronotherapy of asthma: Development and evaluation. Drug Delivery, 17(8); 2010: 581-586 (Impact Factor 6.4).
- Nilesh S. Chaudhari, Abhijeet P. Pandey, Pravin O. Patil, Avinash R. Tekade, Sanjay B. Bari, Prashant K. Deshmukh, Graphene oxide based magnetic nanocomposites for efficient treatment of breast cancer. Material Science and Engineering C, 37(2014): 278-285 (Impact Factor 4.2).
- Tejas B. Devkar, Avinash R. Tekade, Kishanchandra R. Khandelwal. Surface engineered nanostructured lipid carriers for efficient nose tobrain delivery of ondansetron HCl using Delonix regia gum as a naturalmucoadhesive polymer. Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, 122 (2014):143-150 (Impact Factor 3.9).
- Ashwini S. Joshi, Hitesh S. Patel, Veena S. Belgamwar, Anshuman Agrawal, Avinash R. Tekade. Solid lipid nanoparticles of ondansetron HCl for intranasal delivery: Development, optimization and evaluation. J Mater Sci: Mater Med 2012; 23(9):2163-75 (Impact Factor 2.3).
- Chandrakant V. Pardeshi, Pravin V. Rajput, Veena S. Belgamwar and Avinash R. Tekade. Formulation, optimization and evaluation of spray-dried mucoadhesive microspheres as intranasal carriers for Valsartan. Journal of Microencapsulation, 29(2); 2012:103-14 (Impact Factor 1.6).
- Subodhkant Samudre, Avinash Tekade, Kanchan Thorve, Anup Jamodkar, Gauri Parashar, Nilima Chaudhari. Xanthan gum coated mucoadhesive liposomes for efficient nose to brain delivery of curcumin, Drug Delivery Letters, 2015; 5 (3): 201-207.
- Kuldeepsing D Rajput, Anil N Tankar and Avinash R Tekade. Atorvastatin loaded microsponge based emu oil emulgel for faster wound healing, Annals of Pharmacology and Pharmaceutics, 2018; 3(1):1-10.
- Mukesh P.Ratnaparkhi, Pravin Pongale, Shilpa P Chaudhari, Formulation and evaluation of Buffered pantoprazole sodium tablet, International journal of Pharmaceutical sciences and Research, 2013; 4(12): 4708-4714.
- Pisal S,Wawde G, Salvankar S, Lade S, Kadam S. Vacuum Foam Drying for preservation of LaSota Virus: Effect of Additives. AAPS PharmSciTech. 2006; 7(3): Article 60.
- Ratnaparkhi Mukesh Dhage Kiran, Chaudhari Shilpa, Salvankar Shailendra; Formulation and Evaluation of Immediate Release Tablets of Metformin HCl and Glibenclemide Using Different Superdisintegrants; Pharmtechmedica; Vol.1(3); 2012 May-June, 81-86.
- Sachin K. Jagdale, Shilpa P. Chaudhari, Ritesh A. Mahajan, P.Ratnaparkhi Fabricating and Optimizing Ophthalmic Nanoparticles for Treating Ocular Viral Infection. American Journal of Pharm Tech Research, 2013; 3(5).
- Jagdale S.K., Dehghan H. Solubility and Dissolution Improvement of Fenofibrate by ß-Cyclodextrin Complexation, Journal of Medical and Pharmaceutical Innovation, 2013; 1(1): 19-23.
- Development of Extractive Visible Spectrophotometric Method for Enalapril Maleate in Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms. K Nikhila Sree, C P Geetha, G Smitha, Pratima srinivas. Inventi Rapid: Pharm Analysis & Quality Assurance. 3: 2014; 1-3.
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry & Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance
The area of research interest of faculty includes SAR Based Drug Design, Heterocyclic Chemistry, Development of Novel Analogues for anti-inflammatory, anticancer, CNS agents etc., Multicomponent Reactions, Green Chemistry, Analytical Method Development and Validation, Stability Indicating Method for Bulk Drugs and their various Formulations and Bioanalytical Method Development.
- Kishor S. Jain, Jitender B. Bariwal, Manisha S. Phoujdar, Madhuri A. Nagras, Rakesh D. Amrutkar, Manoj K. Munde, Riyaj S. Tamboli, Samrat A. Khedkar, Rahul H. Khiste, Nikhil C. Vidyasagar,Vinit V. Dabholkar, and M. K. Kathiravan, A Novel Microwave Assisted Green Synthesis of Condensed 2-Substituted Pyrimidin-4(3H)-ones under solvent free conditions Journal of Heterocyclic Chemistry, Mar.2009, Volume 46, Issue 2, Page.No.178 – 185.
- P. H. Sakpal, M. N. Deodhar, V. P. Ghodse, B. A. Agarwal,R. H. Khiste, R. A. Sonawane, P. L. Ingale, Simultaneous Spectrophotometric Estimation of Ezetimibe and Atorvastatin in Pharmaceutical Dosage Form, Int. J. Chem. Sci.: 10(1), 2012, 131-136.
- Pramod L. Ingale, Veena S. Kasture, Suvarna P. Ingale and Sanjay B. Kasture, Design, synthesis and characterization of novel oxo-[2-(arylamino)-4-phenyl- thiazol-5-yl]-acetic acid ethyl esters as potential anti-inflammatory agents, International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences; 2013; 5(4); 534-537.
- Rahul H. Khiste, Ashok G. Peepliwal , Hemant Kumar Jain, Novel Synthesis Route to Indolopyridoquinazoline Alkaloid Analogues from Condensed Pyrimidine Scaffolds’ Published in Indo American Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, Jan.2016, Volume 6, Issue 01, Page.No.4055 – 4061.
- Deodhar M.N., Bhosale A. V., Sable P. N., Sakpal P. H., Juvale K. C., Dumbare R. K., Synthesis and Evaluation of phenytoin derivatives as anticonvulsant Agent, Turkish Journal of Chemistry, 2009, Vol 33 (3), Pg. 367-373.
- Laxmileena D. Patil, Sachin V. Gudi, Deepali D. Jadav, Yogita A. Kadam, Sampada D. Dalvi and Pramod L. Ingale; Development and validation of UV-spectrophotometric methods for simultaneous estimation of amlodipine besylate and clopidogrel bisulfate in bulk and tablet dosage form; Der Pharma Chemica; 2013; 5(4); 282-287.
Department of Pharmacognosy
The area of research interest includes Phytochemistry, Pharmacological screening of Herbal Drugs (Asthma, Diabetes, MSD) and Standardization of Herbal Drugs, formulation and Development of Herbal/Ayurvedic formulations, Analytical method development of Herbal/Ayurvedic formulations (Spectroscopic & Chromatographic). Ecological Development, Biodiversity and conservation, Callus Culture & Genetic Transformation.
- Mohini A Phanse, Manohar J Patil, Konde Abbulu, Synthesis, characterization and evaluation of the suppression of insulin resistance in Type-II diabetes mellitus animals by treatment with metal complex. Saudi Journal of Biological Sciences (2016), 23(03) 420-425.
- Mohini A Phanse, Manohar J Patil, Konde Abbulu, Effect of Thespesia populnea on dexamethasone induced insulin resistance in mice, African Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, (2014), 8(16) 429-432.
- Kavita N Yadav, Prasad V Kadam, Jigna A Patel, Manohar J Patil, Strychnos potatorum: Phytochemical and pharmacological review, Pharmacognosy Reviews, (2014)1(08) (15)61
- Manohar J Patil, Prasad V Kadam, Phrmacognostic Study of Cucurbita moschata (Cucurbitaceae) Pharmacognosy Journal, (2013), 1-3
- G. Bhope, V.V. Kuber, D.H. Nagore, P.S. Gaikwad, and M.J. Patil, Development and Validation of RP-HPLC Method for Simultaneous Analysis of Andrographolide, Phyllanthin, and Hypophyllanthin from Herbal Hepatoprotective Formulation, Acta Chromatographica 25 (2013) 1, 159-169.
- Prasad Vijay Kadam, Chandrashekhar Laxman Bhingare, Rohini yuvraj Nikam, Suchita Anil Pawar, Development and validation of UV spectrophotometeric method for the estimation of curcumin in cream formulation, Pharmaceutical Methods, (2013) 4 (02) 43-45.
- BP Pimple, PV Kadam, MJ Patil, Ulcer healing properties of different extracts of Origanum majorana in streptozotocin-nicotinamide induced diabetic rats, Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Disease, (2012) 2(4): 312-318.
- P. Pimple, P. V. Kadam, M. J. Patil, Protective effect of Luffa acutangula extracts on gastric ulceration in NIDDM rats : Role of gastric mucosal glycoproteins and antioxidants, Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Medicine, (2012) 412-420
- P. Pimple, A.N. Patel, P.V.Kadam, M.J.Patil, Microscopic evaluation and physicochemical analysis of Origanum majorana Linn leaves, Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Disease, (2012) S897 – S903
- G. Bhope, P.S. Gaikwad, V.V. Kuber, M.J.Patil, RP-HPLC Method for simultaneous constitution of boeravinone E and boeravinon B in Boerhaavia diffusa extract and its formulation, Natural Product Research, (2012), 1(4), I First
- P. Pimple, P. V. Kadam, M. J. Patil, Comparative antihyperglycaemic & antihyperlipidemic effect of Origanum majorana extracts in NIDDM rats, Oriental Pharmacy and Experimental Medicine, (2012) 12 (1) 41-50.
- Ajay G. Namdeo, Ajay Sharma, Kavita N. Yadav, Rupali Gawande, Kakasaheb R. Mahadik, Maria Pilar Lopez- gresa, Hye Kyong kim, Young Hae Choi, Robert Verpoorte, Metabolic Characterization of Withania Somnifera from different region of India using NMR Spectroscopy, Planta medica, (2011),47-66
- Shrinivas G. Bhope, Vivek K. Ghosh,Vinod V. Kuber, Manohar J. Patil, Rapid Microwave- Assisted extraction and HPTLC-Photodensitometric Method for Quality Assessment for Boerhaavia diffusa L, Journal of AOAC International, (2011) 94 (03), 795-802.
- Shrinivas G Bhope, Vinod V Kuber,Vivek K Ghosh, Manohar J Patil, A Novel Approach for the Quality Assessment and Stability Testing of Ayurvedic Polyherbal Formulations by HPTLC Fingerprint Method, Journal of Liquid Chromatography & Related Technologies, (2011) 34 (08)579-590.
- S. Bhujbal, R. K. Nanda, R. S. Deoda, Dinesh Kumar, S. M. Kewatkar, L. S. More, M. J. Patil, Structure elucidation of a flavonoid glycoside from the roots of Clerodendrum serratum (L.) Moon, Lamiaceae, Brazilian Journal of Pharmacognosy (2010) 20(6): 1001-1002.
- K. Ghosh, D. H. Nagore, M.J.Patil, A. Prakash, Development and validation of a Method for Densitometric Analysis of Berberine in Herbal Extract and Polyherbal Formulation, Medical Principles and Practice, (2010) 19, 473-478.
- S. Gaikwad, S.G.Bhope, V.V. Kuber, M.J.Patil, Validated TLC Method for simultaneous quantitation of kutkoside and picroside I from kutki extract, Phytochemical Analysis, (2010),
Department of Pharmacology
Department of pharmacology is equipped with CPCSEA approved animal facility. There are different instruments and equipment’s available to enable research in different areas of pharmacology. Focus of research at department of pharmacology includes:
- Screening of drugs for wound healing activity.
- Screening of drugs for anti-allergic and anti-asthmatic activity.
- Screening of drugs for anti-diabetic activity.
- Screening of drugs for anti-inflammatory and anti-arthritic activity.
- Screening of drugs for central nervous system related disorders.
- Screening of drugs for cardiovascular disorders.
- Safety pharmacology.
- Pharmacy practice.
- Formulation development related pharmacological studies.
- Patil PJ, Patil MJ, Patil VR, Deshmukh TA and Band SS., A Survey on Awareness of Fixed Dose Combinations (FDCs) among Patients Physicians and Pharmacists at Pune and Beed (India), Indian Journal of Pharmacy Practice, 6(3); Jul-Sep, 2013, 49-52.
- Ambikar D. B., Vyawahare N.S., Harle U. N., Khandare R.A. and Bore V.V. Neuroprotective effect of hydroalcoholic extract of dried fruits of TrapabispinosaRoxb on lipofuscinogenesis and fluorescence product in brain of D-galactose induced ageing accelerated mice Indian Journal of Experimental Biology, Vol 48, April 2010, pp. 378-382.
- Pravin J. Patil, Digambar B. Ambikar, Samandar M. Bojgar, Manohar J. Patil, Status of Hospital Pharmacy in the Pimpri-Chinchwad Region of Pune (India)-A Survey, Indian Journal of Hospital Pharmacy 49; 2012; 103-105
- Patil P. J., Chaudhari S. P. and Ghodekar S. V., Evaluation of Wound Healing Activity of Silver Sulfadiazine Emulgel (1%) in the Rat Burn Wound Model and its skin Irritation Study. Indian Drugs 49(11); November, 2012; 40-43.
- Ambikar D. B. and Mohanta G.P, Evaluation of neuropharmacological activity of petroleum ether, methanolic and aqueous extracts of flower heads of Sphaeranthusindicus in mice, Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science, Vol. 4 (04), pp. 112-118, April, 2014
- Patil Pravin, Nagore Dheeraj, Ambikar Digambar, Patil Manohar, Nipanikar Sajay, Kanjilal Sanjeevan, Kanjilal Anisha, Evaluation of wound healing potential of various wound healing creams in fresh, diabetic an burn wound models, European Journal of Pharmaceutical and Medical Research,(ISSN 3294-3211), 2016, 3(1), 248-258.
- Patil P.J. Chaudhari S.P., Patil J. R. and Bhandurge N. B., Anticonvulsant activity of lamotrigine polymeric micelle and safranal niosomal formulation against strychnine-induced convulsion. 2016;Indian Drugs 53(02).
- Ambikar D.B. and Mohanta G.P Effect of dried fruit extract of Benincasahispida on Brain behavior in laboratory animals. Journal of cell and tissue research, Vol.13(1)3519-3524(2013)
- Ambikar D.B and Mohanta G.P.., Neuroprotective effect of petroleum ether, methanolic and aqueous extracts of flower heads of Sphaeranthusindicus on lipofuscinogenesisand fluorescence product in brain of D-galactose induced aging accelerated mice, Oriental Pharmacy and Experimental Medicine, 13:301–306, (2013)
|Sr. No.||Academic Year||Seminars / Workshops/Conference Organized||Total|
|District / Local||State||National||Workshop||Conferences|